How can I see my Bing history?
Bing save our entire search history (what we type in the search bar) by default in our microsoft account like google search history and many other search engines. We can delete bing history easily, here are the quick steps to follow:
- Go to the microsoft bing homepage Bing.com on your computer or mobile device.
- Log in to your microsoft account if you are not already logged in.
- in the windows live search results page, click on the top right button (three horizontal bars gear icon) in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Click Search History link
- You will see a Manage or Clear your Search History Text at the right of your search history page. There you will see a Clear All button to clear bing history. (Previously there was a change history settings which disappeared)
- You have here bing.com history of new searches first but also old searches sort by date. You can choose to show new searches here or to stop bing using them in search suggestions.
- Click Clear all to clear your bing search history completely including past searches and browsing history.
- After click clear all you have completed the process.
Clear Search History on Bing
How to delete bing history
How do I completely clear Bing history?
There are a number of ways you can see and delete your bing search activity on a web browser.
If you have a Microsoft account and have signed in to it, the new web page that opens will show all your previous searches and your internet browser history as shown below in the privacy dashboard (click on dashboard button to access) with personal information and a search list.
If you are not signed in to a Microsoft account, you’ll find an empty recent searches. And a message from Microsoft asking you to “Sign in to see your search history on different browsers and computers” as also shown in the screen capture below.
After taking out time to view your search history, you can then move on select what you want to delete. To delete your bing search history, simply click “Clear all” to the right of the pie chart.
You can view and change all your privacy controls form within the microsoft privacy dashboard
- Login to your account
- Click on “Go to dashboard”
- On the new page that opens is the privacy dashboard, click the “VIEW AND CLEAR SEARCH HISTORY” (shown below).
By default, the “Filter by data type” drop-down menu on the left of the new screen is set to “all data types”, including search settings.
Apart from related searches, other items on the menu include “Apps and Services,” “Voice,” “Search,” “Browse,” “Media,” and “Locations.”
It is in this location that you can control and see your search history stored with all devices in greater detail by clicking search from the drop-down or by viewing it along with other information in the default “all data types” option.
You can then explore, download or delete your search bing history either through the all types option or by specifically:
- selecting the search option
- then clicking on “Clear activity” on the far right, after which you’ll notice the instructions below from Microsoft.
- Click on “Clear” to delete your search history.
Apart from deleting, you can also change history setting in the dashboard. All deleted item will not be visible.
How to view and delete bing images search history
Though it is not possible to independently see and delete images in Windows 10, you can view and delete them either as part of the “all data types” option from the procedure discussed above.
However, in other versions of Windows, just:
- Visit select “history” from the homepage.
- or visit the profile
- Log in to your microsoft account (if you are not logged in you will be required to do it to validate your account).
- Click on the “Images” orange option as seen below.
You can select the time range: all time, 6 months, 1 month or 1 week
You can then view all your images search activity image by image.
Now you can click on one image individually or click on the check to select all (see 1 in image below)
Then, click on “Clear” figure 2 in the screen capture below
Note the differences between Windows 10 drop-down menu wordings and those of other Windows versions.
Videos Search bing history
To see and delete videos you should select "video" in the drop-down menu.
You can select the time range: all time, 6 months, 1 month or 1 week
Now, you will see all bing video history. You can clear each video search individually or select all with the check button.
The privacy Dashboard
You can manage all your privacy settings from the privacy dashboard.
You will view here your Location history from Bing Maps.
If you ever use voice searches in Bing Search Engine all of them will be displayed here.
All the microsoft Edge and other Microsoft browsers history is shown here. You can view an delete it.
All your Bing Search History is displayed here.
- You can download your search history from the download your data link.
- It is also possible to clear all your search history from the clear all search history link.
- If you want to delete only individual items use the trash icon at the right of each search of your recent history.
App and service activity
All the activity of the microsoft Apps you use will be visible here. You can view or clear it here.
In this screen you can download your data, Clear all app and service activity completely or delete items individually from the recent activities list.
Music, Video or TV history and related searches.
App and service performance data
Microsoft saves information about the service and performance of its apps used by users.
Manage privacy settings
Finally, it is possible to manage the privacy configuration of the main Microsoft applications like Windows, Xbox, Office, Microsoft teams, Skype, News Community and Linkedin.
The Bing.com Search Engine
Bing is a microsoft's search engine technology built by the tech giant. Search engines show search results from given queries.
Each search result is sort by relevancy in the results with the input term. The main competitor is Google but there are others. The most popular are: Yahoo (with uses bing search results, Baidu, Yandex and Duckduckgo
Bing stores the internet users browsing activity in Cortana (including cortana voice searches), internet explorer and microsoft edge browser, the most widely used browser after google chrome, controlling a third of the US market.
Which is the history of bing.com search engine?
It is a search engine of Microsoft. It is the latest version. The previous versions were:
Live, Windows Live and MSN search.
Who started Bing?
It was launched in 2009 by Microsoft. It was in May 2009 when Steve Balmer, CEO, revealed the existence of the new internet search engine and all features.
The previous name was live search which started in 2006.
It was in 2009 when Yahoo started to display bing search results.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Clear My Bing Searches History in XBOX
- Find the Hub icon in the top right corner of your screen in Edge.
- Press A with your controller.
- Select to delete .
- Press A.
- Select Clear
Does Bing save search history?
Yes, Bing record search history. It is tracked through your Bing account. You can see it through your privacy dashboard as explained in the section before.
How long does Bing keep your search history?
The data is never deleted if you don't erase it manually.